These pan seared scallops are luxurious and exotic, thanks to the alluring aroma and flavor of saffron, and are easy and fast to make. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two!
- Spiralize zucchini, then heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add noodles with salt to taste, sauté, tossing gently as you cook, until just softened (3-5 minutes).
- Remove zucchini noodles from pan and set aside to keep warm. Rinse and dry pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add scallops, being careful to keep them from crowding each other. Let scallops cook without disturbing them for 3 minutes, then turn and sear on the other side for just 1-2 minutes. Remove scallops from pan and keep warm, do not rinse pan.
- Add garlic to pan and cook until fragrant (just a minute or so). Add broth to pan and use wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Cook to reduce slightly (about 2 minutes). Stir in coconut milk and add arrowroot slurry if using. Stir well and then add saffron and salt to taste.
- Divide zucchini noodles among two serving bowls or plates, place six scallops on top of each, and then pour sauce over each. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Entree