Usually we turn overripe bananas into banana bread, but this recipe is a twist on that and instead turns them into fudgy banana flavored brownies that are grain-free and have no added sweeteners.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup avocado oil plus more for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a 8 inch square glass baking pan by brushing the bottom and sides with a small amount of avocado oil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert