A low-FODMAP garlic salt? Is it possible?! Yes! Use those spring garlic scapes and make a seasoning you can enjoy all year round, even if you are sensitive to regular garlic.
- 12 fresh garlic scapes
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Roughly chop garlic scapes, then place in bowl of food processor along with sea salt and process until it becomes an even paste.
- Spread the paste in an even layer on a small baking sheet. Place in oven and allow to bake for 1 hour, stirring and re-spreading in an even layer every 15 minutes, until the paste is uniformly dried.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Using your hands, crumble the dried salt and garlic scape mixture into fine pieces. If you find you have very hard and large clumps, you may wish to return this dried mixture to your food processor (making sure you have cleaned and dried it first) and pulverize it even further.
- Transfer the resulting garlic scape salt into jars for storage.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Condiment