Delicata squash makes a perfect “boat” to stuff with everything you need to make a complete and fun meal! This AIP dish comes together quickly and is a great meal any time of day.
- 2 whole delicata squashes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 3 celery stalks, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise to form four long “boats.” Scoop out and discard the seeds. Place squash halves face down in a baking dish and roast in oven until soft (20-25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Cook onion and celery, stirring, until soft (5 minutes).
- Add garlic cloves and cook, stirring, until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add ground turkey, and break up with a spoon. Cook until no longer pink, stirring (about 5 minutes).
- Add kale and bone broth. Stir to combine well. Add salt to taste and then allow kale to wilt and then remove from heat until squash is done.
- Remove squash from oven, carefully turn over, and sprinkle with salt. Divide turkey and vegetable filling evenly between the four “boats.” Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree