Autumn is the perfect time for grilling outside in hotter climates, but if it is too cool where you live to do so, feel free to make these under the broiler in your oven.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped – plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into quarters then the layers separated into individual pieces
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, cut into halves or quarters if they are large in size
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic cloves, turmeric, chopped cilantro and salt to create a marinade.
- Place marinade in a large zip-topped plastic bag and add chicken pieces, onion pieces, and mushrooms to the bag. Seal and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour and as many as 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, onions, and mushrooms from marinade and discard the marinade. Thread the pieces onto the skewers, alternating so that chicken will touch onions whenever possible.
- Grill over high heat for 15 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times, so that all sides get browned and have nice char marks on them.
- Serve, garnished with additional cilantro and lemon wedges if desired.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree