Celery root wins the prize for ugliest produce… and also the prize for versatility and deliciousness! Enjoy it here in a refreshing salad, combined with carrots and green apples. Use compliant anchovy paste to make it AIP-friendly; use mustard to make it vegan.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste or Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 medium celery root, cleaned and peeled
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tart green apple (such as Granny Smith), peeled and cored
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Place lemon juice, honey, salt, anchovy paste or mustard, and avocado oil in a jar with a tight lid and shake vigorously to form an emulsified dressing. Set aside.
- Using a food processor fitted with a shredding blade, or a box grater, shred the celery root, carrot, and apple.
- Place the shredded vegetables and apple into a large bowl, mix in the onions and parsley leaves.
- Pour dressing over top and gently toss.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow flavors to marry.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad