Follow this template for making your own delicious snack chips from whatever root vegetables you like! Consider using parsnips, sweet potatoes, or get creative and try beets and carrots.
- Root vegetables (such as parsnips, sweet potatoes)
- Oil (coconut oil recommended)
- Seasoning (AIP Paleo Powder is a good choice)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Select the root vegetables you want to use, then peel and and slice them as thinly as you can.
- Calculate how much oil you need based on the total weight of the roots you have sliced. For each pound of vegetables, you will need about 1 tablespoon oil. If you are using coconut oil, you might need to melt it first.
- Toss sliced vegetables in the oil, then spread evenly on sheet pans. You can estimate that you will need 1 sheet pan per 1 pound.
- Sprinkle lightly with seasoning.
- Place in oven and set a timer for 10 minutes. At this point you will likely notice that some of the chips have started turning brown. Use tongs to flip and rotate as much as you can, removing any that are already at the desired crispiness.
- Return pan to oven and continue baking. Check every 2 minutes, removing the chips that have reached your desired crispiness and returning the rest to oven. After about 15-18 minutes, all should be done.
- Toss with a bit more seasoning, as desired.
- Serve the same day you make them.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snacks