These pickled radishes make a colorful and tasty addition to salads, tacos, burgers, and dishes of all kinds. Or, just eat them straight out of the jar!
- 1 bunch radishes (about 1 pound)
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- knob of ginger (about 2 inches)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- Cut radishes greens off radishes and reserve for another use. Carefully wash the radishes to remove any grit and peel garlic cloves.
- Using a mandoline or knife, slice the radishes, garlic, and ginger as thinly as possible.
- Layer slices in a pint size mason jar or other glass container, distributing the garlic and ginger evenly throughout.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the apple cider vinegar, water, salt, and honey (if using). Simmer just until the salt has dissolved and then remove from heat.
- Carefully pour the vinegar brine over the radish slices, discarding any extra.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins