Enjoy this comforting low carb and AIP-friendly chicken and mushroom stew. Celery root provides additional nutrient density and marjoram adds to the unique flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium leek (about 2 cups), cleaned and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small-medium celery root (about 2 cups), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram)
- 1 cup bone broth
- 4 ounces mushrooms (any variety), cut into bite-sized pieces if needed
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in dutch oven or other large pot with lid.
- Add chicken and salt and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally to allow all sides to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add leeks, celery root, and marjoram. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until green parts of leeks have turned a vibrant color (about 3 minutes).
- Add broth and bring up to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in mushrooms, and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their juices and are tender.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Entree