Feel free to use a store-bought green curry paste in this shrimp curry, but if you need to avoid nightshades or just want the challenge, try making it from scratch!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (green onions)
- 2 tablespoons homemade green curry paste
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 dried kaffir lime leaves or 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves, plus more to garnish
- In a large skillet or wok, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Add onion slices and cook, stirring frequently, just until soft but not browned (about 3 minutes).
- Add scallions and paste. Stir and cook until fragrant (only about 30 seconds).
- Add coconut milk, coconut sugar, fish sauce, and kaffir lime leaves or lime zest. Bring to a boil and then add shrimp. Cook, stirring frequently, just until shrimp are cooked through (about 3-5 minutes).
- Off heat, remove and discard kaffir lime leaves and stir in chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve, garnished with cilantro, alone or over cauli-rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Thai