It’s a one-pot wonder that is packed with both flavor and nutrients! If you don’t have king trumpet oyster mushrooms available, use whatever you do have.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine garlic powder, sage, and salt in a small bowl, then sprinkle this seasoning mixture over chicken thighs and wrap each one in a bacon slice.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet or braiser over medium high heat. When hot, gently place chicken thighs and cook just until the bacon is crispy and the fat has started to render (about 3-4 minutes each side).
- Remove chicken and set aside. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add mushroom pieces to pan and gently toss in bacon fat and cook just until they start to release their juices (about 3 minutes). Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Pour broth into pan and use wooden spoon to dislodge any brown bits. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Add kale and cook, stirring to wilt and slightly cook (about 3 minutes). Remove pan from heat.
- Leave kale in an even layer at the bottom of the pan, then place semi-cooked mushroom pieces in a single layer on top, then the chicken on top of the mushrooms.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Entree