Simplicity and flavor combine for a “faster than takeout” shrimp and asparagus stir fry! Because this comes together so quickly, be sure you prep all of the ingredients before you start cooking.
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, deveined and shell removed
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus stalks and then cut the remaining into 2 inch segments.
- Peel and thinly slice or mince the garlic cloves.
- Finely chop the cilantro leaves.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, heat the avocado oil until it is shimmering. Add shrimp and garlic, toss once and then allow to cook undisturbed for just 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook until shrimp are uniformly pink and cooked through, stirring every few seconds. This will take about 3-4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Taste and add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Entree