You can use any combination of fresh leafy herbs in these meatballs. Great options include parsley, cilantro, mint, basil, tarragon, or marjoram.
For the meatballs
- 1 cup leafy green herbs, tightly packed
- 5 green onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the chard
- 1 bunch rainbow Swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
Make the meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a small food processor to finely chop the herbs and green onions.
- In a medium bowl, combine herb and green onion mixture with ground beef, salt, and cinnamon. Use your hands to mix thoroughly, then roll into golf-ball sized meatballs (about 15-18 in total) and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Make the chard
- Meanwhile, prepare the chard on the stovetop in a skillet or wide pot with a lid.
- Rinse the chard and shake off excess water, but leave it slightly wet. Cut into strips about 1-2 inches wide, including stems.
- Over medium-high heat, and the olive oil and the garlic and heat until garlic is sizzling and fragrant.
- Add raisins and damp chard. Stir and cover.
- Allow to cook covered for 2-3 minutes, then uncover and season to taste with salt. Cook, stirring frequently until greens are desired tenderness and any excess water has evaporated (about 2-3 minutes).
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- When meatballs and finished cooking, add them to the pot with the chard and toss to combine before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree