Wondering what to do with nutrient-dense tatsoi and white sweet potatoes? This recipe for a one pot meal will make them both shine!
- 1 large white sweet potato
- 1/2 pound ground beef, lamb, turkey, chicken or other meat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 head green or red tatsoi
- Peel white sweet potato. Then use a food processor to chop it into “rice.” (I found the most success by first using the shredding blade, then switching to the chopping blade to pulse them.) Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook the ground meat until browned through (time depends upon the type of meat you chose to use). Season meat with salt, garlic powder, turmeric, and ginger.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked and seasoned ground meat from skillet to a bowl or plate and set aside. Do not wash skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add “riced” sweet potato and bone broth. Stir, then cover with lid and cook 3-5 minutes until tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, clean and chop the tatsoi into bite sized pieces.
- Add cut up tatsoi to sweet potato and broth mixture, stir to distribute evenly. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until greens are vivid colored and softened.
- Add meat cooked in step 2 and stir to distribute and allow to heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree