This is a great no-dairy option for people who like cheddar broccoli soup! Use nutrient dense bone broth to make it a complete and satisfying meal for the AIP elimination phase.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. When hot, add onion chunks and garlic cloves and cook for about 5 minutes, or until soft and starting to take on color.
- Add sweet potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and allow to cook until sweet potatoes are cooked through and soft enough that a fork insert into one will easily break it apart with a gentle twist (about 20 minutes). Set aside to cool somewhat.
- Carefully transfer contents of pan into professional-grade mixer jar (you may need to complete this in two batches, depending on the capacity of your mixer). Puree until completely smooth.
- Return to saucepan. Add chopped broccoli crown to soup and bring contents back up to simmer. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until broccoli pieces are cooked and as soft as desired.
- Taste and add salt as desired.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Soup